Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Will February Ever Be Over With?

I apologize in advance for any whining in this post, but being alone in Midland will tend to bring out the sadness in anyone. Luckily, it won't be for more than a week and a half, but that's more than enough for me. 

This month in particular has been dragging by extremely slowly. I've been saddled with more than 9 vet visits in less than a month, and I am definitely a little frazzled. My body's all out of whack. My brain is drawing a blank. Despite getting to see friends and having a lot of exciting events coming up in the following months, I am growing more and more frustrated with the situation I'm in. 

Don't get me wrong... life is great, all in all. I'm mostly just frustrated with myself. Also, I have no idea how to really make it in this field. I don't fit well into any specific categories, and I can't seem to find a good audience for my work. Maybe it's because it still needs a lot of development, I honestly can't be quite sure. I'm trying to improve as best I can, but...I worry that's not enough. 

What else can I do, though? 

Keep fucking trying. Just keep...slogging through that mud, and eventually I'll get out on the other side. I feel like I didn't conquer my mental illness just to let something as little as "money" stop me. Money would be nice, though. 

In the meantime, I'll keep watching this video and laugh. After all, laughter is life's cheapest medicine. Or something like that.


Thanks, Mission Hill. This clip is my constant go-to for when I'm down!


-Wan-Goo-Nami

1 comment:

  1. Do I ever know that feel.

    I will make you this promise though: if I 'make it' or whatever in a place with monies, I'mma drag you along with me if I can. (and I think I can.) (I've got an appointment with the career development people here in a couple of weeks. I'll pass on any info you might be interested in, just let me know)

    ReplyDelete