Monday, April 1, 2013

Shuto-Con 2013, Monsters, and Buttons-- OH MY!

Greetings, all you guys, gals, and everything in between!

I hope you're doing swell. Me? I am PEACHY.

That's only slightly sarcastic. I'm getting over my second cold this season, I'm about to trade up my phone, I have a brand-new BUTTON MACHINE, I have a lot of illustration work on my plate, and things are pretty great. I feel like the sludge of the winter blues is sliding off my glorious, slippery, duck-like body, and now I can face anything! We'll see how I feel tomorrow.

Anyway, if you haven't stopped by my Tumblr in a while, you should. Unfortunately, it's much easier to post material on there daily, so I've been frequenting that account more than this lovely little blog. You should go check it out regularly to see what I'm up to. I'll still attempt to post on here, but it isn't going to be as frequent. I'm just telling you because we're friends, and friends are honest with each other about things like that.

Here are some things I've been up to. Enjoy with your eyes, your nose, your...feet? Whatever floats your boat, I don't judge. I just make stuff.



These next images are from a collaboration with my friend, Beth Sparks. It's called "The Monster Exchange," and it is a wonderful thing. You should go look, especially if you like art, monsters, or both. Preferably both. 





We essentially decided on 20 themes for different monsters, and then we create the initial line art. Next we color each other's artwork, and voila! Monster exchange. It rocks pretty hard, so you should keep an eye on it. We plan on putting it into book form if we can get enough interest together! 




Buttons I designed for Shuto-Con. You know you love them <33

I also have the poetry book with Source Point Press in the works. It should be ready for print pretty soon. I'm also doing some spot illustrations for the Source Point Press Super Hero Anthology, and it's been a blast working on those as well. More to come on those exciting developments as they...develop.

Leave me alone, I'm sick for goodness sake. 

Oh yeah! Look for Wan-Tsunami at this Shuto-Con 2013! It's this Friday, and, baby, it's going to be a riot! Buttons, comics, drawings, and so much more!

Anyway, I should get back to work on all that stuff I was just talking about. Love you guys!

-Wan-HOOH-HAH-nami


No comments:

Post a Comment